Home > Products
> Cipher >
Pocket Cipher Drive
AES 256-bit full disk encryption NIST certified
The Pocket Cipher Drive is the simplest portable drive enclosure solution that also provides rock solid data security. Any 2.5", 9.5 mm height hard drive or SSD can be easily installed into the drive enclosure within seconds. Once installed, the Pocket Cipher Drive can be connected to any system via the ubiquitous USB 2.0 port. Data write to the hard drive inside Pocket Cipher Drive is secured, transparent to the user, by the Addonics field proven AES 256-bit hardware encryption engine.
The security is all handled by a simple insertion of a Cipher key, just like opening a door. There is no password to remember or special software to install. So the Pocket Cipher drive can be connected to any system with any Operating System that support USB storage. Should the drive is lost or stolen, the content in the drive is absolutely inaccessible without the Cipher key. Unlike software encryption, the Pocket Cipher Drive encrypts and decrypts data on the fly with no performance degradation. In fact, you may not even notice any different from using an ordinary USB drive.
|click on images for enlarged view
|Detach the two screws and slide open cover.
||Remove the cover to reveal SATA connector.
||Install 2.5" SATA hard drive and replace the cover.
|click on images for enlarged view
- Support any 2.5" SATA hard drive or SSD of 9mm - 9.5mm height
- Size to fit into a pocket and weight less than 12 oz with drive installed.
- Military strength AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- NIST certified.
- No software to install
- Simple operation - insert Cipher key to enable drive access, similar to opening a door.
- Use like an ordinary external USB drive, no special training is required.
- Built-in USB 2.0 interface
- Direct power from USB port*
- RoHS Compliant
- Operating System independent
* power from USB port varies from different computers and hardware configuration. Large capacity (>500 G) hard drive may also require more power. As a result, USB power on certain system may not be adequate to power the hard drive. In such case, an external power adapter will be the only option
Model and Price
|Description and Package
cart to check price and order online
|Pocket Cipher Drive
Package Content: Pocket Cipher Drive, A pair of Addonics 256-bit Cipher keys, USB Y-data cable, User Manual
Type: USB 2.0
- Maximum throughput:
USB 2.0 - 480 Mbps
- Physical Specifications:
- SATA 22 pin connector for drive connection
- USB mini-B receptacle for USB data cable connection
- Full disk encryption via a hardware-based NIST certified cryptographic AES engine
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 certified
- FCC, CE
- RoHS compliant
OS: Windows Me and later release, Mac OS X and later release, Linuxe kernel 2.4 and later release and any Operating System with built-in USB mass storage support
Supply: Power from most USB port
- Dimensions: 123(L) x 80(W) x 16(H) cm (4.8 x 3.1 x 0.62 in)
- Weight: 3.03 oz, (86 g) without drive
Temperature: Range: +5C to +40C
Humidity: 5% to 95% RH (non-condensing)
Temperature: Range: -30C to +60C
Humidity: 5% to 90% RH
- Warranty: One Year
- PC/AT or Compatible System
- USB port
- Pentium II or Greater
- Minimum 64 MB RAM
- One of the following Operating Systems - Windows Me and later release, Mac OS X and later release, Linuxe kernel 2.4 and later release and any Operating System with built-in USB mass storage support
Specifications subject to change without notice