Home > Products
> Cipher >
Cipher Drive SC
Smart Card + PIN authentication FIPS 140-2 certified Crypto Module AES CBC 256-bit full disk encryption
The Cipher Drive SC is the world’s most advanced portable encrypted hard drive solution available on the market today. Integrated into the drive enclosure is a Smart Card reader and key pad to allow for two factors authentication so that your password never transverses the computer. The Addonics technology utilizes government approved 256bit AES encryption that is both NIST and FIPS certified so you can be certain your sensitive data is protected with rock solid security.
Cipher Drive SC is the next evolution in portable data security products utilizing hardware ASIC chip technology instead of software to encrypt sensitive data. This frees up your processor from the heavy burden of data encryption/decryption and eliminates the performance hit inherent with software based encryption solutions. Hardware based encryption is more cost effective, easier to use and much simpler to deploy than software based solutions. Due to the unique design of the Cipher Drive SC, it is Operating System independent, platform independent, no software to install and its operation is totally transparent. Whether you use a Mac or PC, are running Windows, Leopard or Linux or any combination of the above, Cipher Drive SC is compatible with them all. Completely software independent and totally secure, the Cipher Drive SC meets the needs of all mobile users traveling with sensitive data.
|click on images for enlarged view
|click on images for enlarged view
- Smart card + PIN authentication
- FIPS 140-2 certified Crypto Module. Government approved.
- Full disk hardware encryption using AES CBC 256-bit key strength
- User-configurable PIN and admin password for administrative mode
- No software to install.
- Use like an ordinary external USB drive.
- No training required. Operation is totally transparent to the users.
- Support any 2.5" SATA hard drive of 9mm - 9.5mm height
- Hard drive is easily installed with no special tool required
- Built-in USB 2.0 and Firewire 800 interface
- Direct power from USB port* or Firewire port
- RoHS Compliant
- Operating System independent
* power from USB port varies from different computers and hardware configuration. Large capacity (>500 G) hard drive may also require more power. As a result, USB power on certain system may not be adequate to power the hard drive. In such case, an external power adapter will be the only option
Model and Price
The Cipher Drive SC currently is available to authorized resellers, government and military customers only! To find out how to qualify, please email to us at the sales inquiry web page and we will have a sales representative to contact you to go over the detail requirements.
|Description and Package
cart to check price and order online
|Cipher Drive SC
Package Content: Cipher Drive SC, A pair of Smart Cards with identical code, USB data cable, Firewire 800 cable, carrying case, User Manual, Driver CD
|Cipher Drive SC with 500GB SATA hard drive
Package Content: Cipher Drive SC, a pair of Smart Cards with identical code, 500GB SATA hard drive, USB cable, Firewire 800 cable, carrying case, User Manual, Driver CD
Type: USB 2.0, Firewire 800
- Maximum throughput:
- USB 2.0 - 480 Mbps
- Firewire 800 - 800 Mbps
- Physical Specifications:
- SATA 22 pin connector
- USB mini-B receptacle
- FireWire 9-pin receptacle
- 5VDC jack 1.3 x 3.5 mm
- Smart Card slot
- Encryption code generate by a combination of Smart card and PIN
- Smart Card supports ISO-7816 T=0 Class B cards
- Key Management:
- User-configurable PIN
- Admin password for administrative mode
- Designed to meet FIPS 140-2 Level 2
- FCC, CE
- RoHS compliant
Operating System independent
Supply: Power from most USB or Firewire port, optional 5V power adapter (AAPAC5V)
- Dimensions: 130mm (L) x 78mm (W) x 22mm (H)
- Weight: 7.1 oz, (202g)
Temperature: Range: -30C to +60C
Temperature: Range: +5C to +40C
Humidity: 5% to 90% RH
Humidity: 5% to 95% RH (non-condenscing)
- Warranty: One Year
- PC/AT or Compatible System
- USB or Firewire 800/400 port
- Pentium II or Greater
- Minimum 64 MB RAM
- Any OS with built-in USB mass storage support
*A Certification Mark of NIST, which does not imply product endorsement by NIST, the U.S. or Canadian Governments.
Specifications subject to change without notice